Nordstrom Safety & Health Technician - Dubuque, IA in Dubuque, Iowa
The ideal Safety and Health Technician acts independently under general direction, uses good judgment in all decisions and actions and is committed to providing outstanding customer service every day. The position is responsible for executing and maintaining Nordstrom's safety programs.
A day in the life...
· Coordinates the Occupational Health and Safety programs and ensures compliance with all State and Federal guidelines in accordance with OSHA
· Promote a culture of health and safety, through; proactive behavior-based observations
· Provide/ support new-hire and safety training, manager training, as well as powered equipment training
· Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual injury trend analysis reports for the Warehouse Management Team
· Track progress and maintain records of all safety activities
· Participate in and contribute to the development or annual review of Nordstrom’s safety programs
You own this if you have…
· OSHA 511 certification, or at least one year of general industry safety experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Occupational Safety and Health, or equivalent preferred
· Willing and able to learn and perform Basic First Aid/CPR/AED
· Superior customer service attitude, high level of professionalism and effective interpersonal skills
· Must possess a strong sense of confidentiality and utilize good judgment
· Ability to work with little direction and be resourceful with good problem-solving skills
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
Life Insurance and Disability
Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com .
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day – from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
OWNERS AT HEART
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
HERE TO WIN
We’re committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
WE EXTEND OURSELVES
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!