UnityPoint Health Unit Clerk-PICU-Blank Children's Hospital in Des Moines, Iowa
Provides clerical support for staff. Delivers and obtains information, specimens, and supplies within the facility. Contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, improved patient care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families. Blank Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) provides care for children from birth through 17 years of age. A Family-Centered Care approach is implemented in the delivery of patient care. PICU is a 12 bed unit.
• Prioritizes dissemination of information using available technology.
• Assists with maintaining readiness of patient care equipment.
• Effectively and accurately maintains patient records.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities; open and objective to other’s views; gives them welcome feedback; contributes to positive team goals; and puts the success of the team above own interests.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Manages supplies and patient care supplies i.e., order, obtain and store supplies.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Unit clerk experience or experience in a medical office setting preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends, and speaks fluent English. Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email and web browser.
Requisition ID: 2020-83830
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $12.93/Hr.
Name: PICU B4- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.45
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8:30A - 8:30P Saturday & Sunday, 3 out of 4 weekends/month
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org