CDM Smith Transportation Data and Analytics Leader in Des Moines, Iowa
Working with multi-disciplinary teams to build a national practice and drive sales strategy around advancements in modelling, behavioral analysis, data architecture, and analytics. Key roles will include leading sales strategy, building teams for technical delivery in emerging service lines and advising clients. Key focus areas will leverage CDM Smith’s Transportation Advisory Services practices in advanced modeling, behavioral studies, data and analytics, digital solutions initiatives, policy development and revenue trends (funding and revenue, technology, energy and electrification, emissions, equity, and regulatory reforms), emerging technologies, and programmatic advising. Clients will span transportation modes, including tolling authorities, state Departments of Transportation, transit agencies, and regional/ local transportation entities.
Examples of specific work tasks will include:
• Develop solid sales strategy that aligns internal staffing and skills needed to advance modeling, behavioral studies, digital solutions, data architecture, and analytics.
• Support emerging client needs associated with dynamic dashboarding to support decision making, data systems/architecture and emerging technology policy considerations around connected and automated vehicles, freight automation, and electrification.
• Support CDM Smith initiatives associated with advancing market research and behavioral survey capabilities for traffic and revenue/transit forecasting analyses.
• Champion internal R&D initiatives to support emerging trends and client needs.
Transportation Data and Analytics Leader
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor's degree.
• 12 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Experience with market based/behavioral surveys.
• Experience with advanced modeling techniques, activity-based modeling, statewide modeling.
• Data analytics skills, including proficiency with Python, R, C++.
• Experience with data architecture and working across multiple platforms.
• Familiarity with travel demand modeling platforms such a TransCad and Cube Voyage a plus.
• Familiarity with traffic and revenue forecasting and analysis a plus.
• Interest and understanding of transportation technology and innovation trends.
• Strong communication skills to bridge information sharing between technical audiences and c-suite leaders.
• Experience with practice building, strategy, and business development.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
- CDM Smith Jobs