EY Tax Services Manager - Financial Services Organization - EDGE in Des Moines, Iowa
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Our FSO Tax and EY EDGE practice is made up of a team of professionals providing dedicated tax technical services to both US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes EY in the marketplace.
When you join EY EDGE, you’ll be at the heart of EY’s critical mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute — building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
Your Key Responsibilities Include
You will work independently to recognize and identify problem areas and items that need to be addressed or escalated to ensure tax returns, tax research, tax accounting and tax projects are timely and accurately completed. You will oversee tax processes by coordinating day-to-day interactions with the team, reviewing engagement work product, driving delivery of services to meet deadlines for client deliverables, developing internal team members, and managing the functional efforts of such tax processes. Tax Projects including but not limited to implementation of new tax laws complex analysis of tax methods of accounting as well as tax calculations for compliance purposes. Responsible for identifying complex tax related issues and providing recommended solutions via research and/or position development. Lead the preparation and review of complex tax/accounting regulatory and tax compliance with limited supervision. Perform research and analysis on related accounting and tax issues. Keep knowledge up to date of new tax and accounting developments as well as of EY standard technologies and processes related to job function as a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams, research tax law issues, provide advice and assistance managing risks across tax compliance and/or advisory services.
· Prepare complex financial closings, tax compliance filings and other business analysis
· Compile and evaluate moderately complex data, computations, documentation and various tax and accounting technologies
· Manage client relationship by ensuring data quality, evaluate team performance, resolve issues, and provide suggestions on implementation plans
· Manage engagements and teams to drive Service Quality across all aspects of delivery. Understand opportunity risk in relation to our Scope of Services
· Support the acquisition of new clients through participation in business pursuit calls and presentations
· Develop, document, and gain cross functional alignment on processes to support clients and internal teams
· Demonstrate deep technical excellence in specific offerings and broaden technical skills across capabilities.
· Maintain internal network by providing technical assistance to others within EY in area of expertise
· Provide effective leadership, feedback, and coaching to team members
· Mentor/coach team members to develop technical and leadership capabilities
Skills and Attributes for Success
· The ability to solve complex problems and interpret internal or external business issues and recommend solutions
· Leadership (advising and providing direction) to others in financial areas of specialization and may coordinate daily work activities or review the work of other teammates
· Ability to lead projects. Employee works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
· Incumbent has specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
· Primary point of contact for day-to-day client relations for assigned engagements and demonstrate professional discretion by appropriately escalating complex tax and client relationship matters to senior management and subject-matter professionals, coordinating efforts, and managing expectations with regard to timing of response and resolution
· Manage internal and external client relationships and professional network to support client retention and new business development
· Manage communications with client tax liaisons, client trust administration teams and client trust officers to gather required information, to share information to support informed decision-making, and obtain instruction or authorization necessary for timely, accurate production of tax information statements, tax returns and related reporting
· Build effective long-term relationships and manage workflow effectively with our clients, and understand their unique needs to provide tailored services
· Manage engagement deliverables and team resources to achieve timely and accurate delivery of tax compliance services while effectively managing engagement economics
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Tax, Law, or Economics
· CPA, EA or licensed attorney
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional services or tax services organization
· Strong attention to detail
· Good written & verbal communication skills
· Proven conceptual and analytical ability
· Proficient using Microsoft products such as Excel, Word and Power Point
· Experience with financial and tax applications such as Gosystems, Onesource TP, Corp Tax, as required by area of specialism
· Proficient in the use of various tax and accounting technologies
· Possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge of accounting and finance principles, practices and procedures to complete moderately complex assignments
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for
We’re interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world’s most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you’ll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs