Lumen Sr Technical Project Manager 911 -Work From Home in Des Moines, Iowa
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Sr. Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the following: To support the aggregation of Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) call delivery from other Originating Service Providers (OSP) in support of Lumen Public Safety/911 portfolio.
The Main Responsibilities
• Work with the Sales Engineering and/or Sales Architecture team to ensure Point of Interface (POIs) are designed and ordered to align with project schedule.
• Facilitate the execution of updated Non-disclosure Agreements (NDA).
• Engage OSPs to get agreements in place to route NG9-1-1 traffic (voice/video/Text) to CenturyLink.
• Engage the planning team for provisioning of ingress infrastructure.
• Manage ongoing relationships with OSPs during the service lifecycle.
• Work with Lumen project team to develop/manage project schedule for each OSP.
• Work with Lumen project team to develop/execute Integration Testing.
• Project manage the OSP’s, ensuring they initiate their network orders in a timely manner.
• Partner with Service Delivery to ensure prompt design, build, activation and billing of the OSP ordered voice/data network and transport.
• Coordinate OSPs to participate and support all integration testing and cutovers.
What We Look For in a Candidate
· Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities, set direction and solve problems in a fast paced environment.
· Self-starter and Strong ability to provide leadership/mentoring to other team members.
· Excellent communications and presentation skills, including ability to summarize and concisely share key project information to all levels of the organization.
· 5 to 7 years of project and/or program management experience.
· Expertise in developing and managing strong working relationships with a proven ability to influence others and to build trusting relationships with clients and peers.
· Proven technical knowledge of voice services and networks, both Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) and Internet Protocol/Session Initiation Protocol (IP/SIP) signaling.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 248771
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs