UnityPoint Health Secretary-Surgery-Lutheran in Des Moines, Iowa
Performs clerical work for the Operating Room. These tasks include but are not limited to: scheduling surgical and endoscopy procedures, processing patient charges, maintaining files; typing minutes; answering phones, communicating information to surgical team, and ordering office supplies.
• Utilizes critical thinking and maintains responsibility for knowledge related to assigned area.
• Utilizes available technology to communicate with healthcare team members, physicians, and physician office staff, and other healthcare team members.
• Performs secretarial duties including communicating with customers using FOCUS values.
• Responsible for scheduling individual surgical and endoscopy procedures and accurate data entry of all required information into the electronic medical record.
• Processes surgical charges, posts charges, and maintains surgical logs and records, and department files.
• Accountable for communicating and relaying messages to appropriate team members in a timely manner.
• Consistently delivers high quality work product in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and patient experience by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities; is open and objective to other’s views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to positive team goals; and puts the success of the team above own interests.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Inventories, orders, stores and maintains office supplies.
• Delivers supplies and paperwork/records to appropriate areas.
• Runs errands to other departments as necessary
Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
Experience: Previous clerical experience required. Able to type accurately. Experienced in Microsoft Office application software. Previous medical experience & previous Epic EMR experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills.
Requisition ID: 2021-89344
Street: 700 E University Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $13.05/Hr.
Name: Surgery- Luth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: weekdays- As Needed
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org