UnityPoint Health Respiratory Tech-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
Choose a career that matters with UnityPoint Health Des Moines! UnityPoint Health - Des Moines is a family of four hospitals including Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Iowa Lutheran Hospital, Blank Children's Hospital and Methodist West Hospital. Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve our patients and visitors every day.
• Performs various therapeutic treatments and diagnostic procedures including delivering aerosolized medications, MDI’s, postural drainage with percussion, sputum induction’s and incentive spirometry, pulse oximetry, bedside pulmonary function screenings, and portable electrocardiograms. May be trained to perform arterial blood gas sampling and *apnea monitoring. ( ILH campus only).
• Performs oxygen rounds and documents the findings in the electronic medical record of the patient.
• Monitors and assesses breath sounds and vital signs.
• Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
• Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgement, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
• Utilizes a holistic approach (considering psychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
• Consistently delivers high quality care utilizing the respiratory care process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned areas in accordance with established policies and procedures and standards of care.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Currently enrolled in an accredited program (AMA) for registry or certification eligibility. Dept of Labor Level III (Medium) Work. Effective for all job offers made July 1, 2010 or after, candidates must successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment strength and agility test at Medium Level of Work.
Requisition ID: 2020-79477
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $17.26/Hr.
Name: Respiratory Care- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: PRN rotating Days/Evenings with weekend coverage
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org