UnityPoint Health Registered Nurse-Scheduler-Radiology in Des Moines, Iowa
This role develops is responsible for coordinating the daily patient schedule for interventional radiology procedures. The Coordinator must be effective at establishing strong partnerships with patients, families, physicians, teammates and external stakeholders to UnityPoint Health Des Moines. The Coordinator must be able to use critical thinking skills to ensure that patients are scheduled timely and with appropriate resources. The role assumes a level of accountability for the daily patient schedule by collaborating with other team members and using a multi-disciplinary approach to positively impact the quality of patient care. The Coordinator consistently uses creative and critical thinking skills and utilizes a holistic approach (considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area).
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
• Coordinates the daily patient schedule for the Interventional Radiology service line.
• Obtain or verify all necessary and essential information to appropriately schedule a patient, including but not limited to complete patient demographic information, financial information, provider orders for procedure(s) (written, verbal), complete history and physicals, prior authorizations, and pre-certifications
• Accurately maintains patient records, including ensuring patients are not given a duplicate Medical Record, demographic and patient information is complete
• Utilizes various technologies for scheduling patients, ordering procedures, and disseminating information to other Radiology Staff Members, including basic computer functions, Epic, DCR tracker, and others
• Answers phone calls in the scheduling queue to ensure that caller needs are met in an efficient and timely manner.
• Assists with coordination of procedure including pre-call appointment, facilitating patient concerns, and possible follow-up
• Schedules and sequences testing in the correct order and accounting for appropriate resources including provider, staff, room technology.
• Effectively communicates with ordering offices
• Problem solves patient scheduling issues with other members of health care team, facilitates effective multidisciplinary team work to expedite the flow of the patient through the health care system.
• Verifies medical necessity by checking ICD=10 or CPT diagnostic codes against the test scheduled for LMRP using Verify AR software.
• Is available to serve in a direct patient care role within Radiology, as needed
• Consistently utilizes a holistic approach (considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational safety and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area.
• Provides proper explanation of procedures to patients, their families, and others as needed to ensure the patients understanding of the procedure to be performed.
• Collaborates with physicians and other professionals in planning and implementing care within
hospital policy and scope of practice.
• Cooperates with all personnel in the proper conduct of the Radiology Department. May be required to rotate shifts to insure proper coverage of Radiology.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Integrates and demonstrates FOCUS values and Expectations for Personal and Service Excellence to guide professional behaviors, while adhering to the policies and procedures of UnityPoint Health – Des Moines.
• Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Performs functions other than described due to extenuating circumstances.
• Abides by all Health System and departmental policies.
• Demonstrates familiarity with hospital disaster plan and attends hospital fire and safety programs.
• Attends Radiology Department Staff meetings and in-service programs.
Requisition ID: 2020-85450
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $24.79/Hr.
Name: Vascular Lab- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8 hour days, Monday-Friday, approx 40 hours/week
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org