Catholic Health Initiatives Referral Specialist - Des Moines Internal Medicine Clinic in DES MOINES, Iowa
Referral Specialist - Des Moines Internal Medicine Clinic
Location: DES MOINES, IOWA, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 2020-R0273590
Post Date: Feb 11, 2020
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Job Summary / Job Purpose:
The Referral Specialist works with patients requiring a referral, to ensure patient’s referral needs are fulfilled for specialty service office visits. Processes referrals, authorizations and pre-certifications for patients, to ensure timely reimbursement.
• Gather, verify, and process referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications by working closely with physician(s), patients, and payers.
• Communicate detailed information and answers patients' questions regarding their health care plan; provide answers to billing and insurance clarification questions.
• Set up appointments, coordinate clinic visits, and any special arrangements such as transportation, interpreter services, specialty care, etc.
• Coordinate flow of information between medical clinic and referral authorization department to secure a valid referral for clinic patient.
• Enter referrals, documents communications and action into the system, as appropriate.
• Notify physician(s) and patient when referral is denied, or if additional information is needed.
• Develop and maintain database of referral physician offices preferred by each physician within the clinic.
• Assist Practice Manager with complaint resolution and solutions related to patient referrals.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the practice manager or physician.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience (required and preferred):
• 2 years of progressively responsible related experience in a healthcare environment required.
Requisition ID: 2020-R0273590
Market: Mercy Medical Center
We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America’s Best Employers 2019, by Forbes. Clickhereto learn more.
Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
Catholic Health Initiatives
- Catholic Health Initiatives Jobs