UnityPoint Health Patient Care Technician-PACU-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
Under the supervision of an RN provides direct patient care. Provides technical services and support for patients undergoing surgery and their family. Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, improved patient care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
• Assists with simple procedures such as transfer and positioning of patients,.
• Transports patients, equipment, supplies, and specimens.
• Verifies patient identification on name band and chart, using two patient identifiers - name and birthdate.
• Assists in maintaining a clean, orderly and safe environment.
• Routinely restocks supplies in the department, change out linen, cleans transport carts.
• Utilizes a holistic approach (considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area.
• Assures all specimens are labeled in accordance with standards, prior to transport.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities, objective and open to other’s views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to positive team goals, puts success of team above own interest.
• Performs routine cleaning on equipment.
• Assists in department cleaning and storing of supplies and linen.
• Assists in patient care under the direct supervision of the RN
• Performs tasks as delegated by team members.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of ASPAN, AORN, AAMI, HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within designated time frame.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
• This position may be assigned a specific mission to address in an emergency situation to assist in disaster response and recovery as part of the UPHDM Hospital Emergency Incident Command System. Situations of a critical nature may require an individual to perform multiple tasks until additional support can be obtained.
Must be 18 years old or older. High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum of 75 hour CNA certification required. Indicate on your application which CNA certification you possess (75 hour, 120 hour or 150 hour). Only applications with this information indicated will be considered. Dept of Labor Level III (Medium) Work. Candidates must successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment strength and agility test at Medium Level of Work.
Requisition ID: 2020-82345
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: PACU- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8-hour shifts between 8A and 8P M-F (no weekends) - As Needed
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org