Wells Fargo Paralegal 2 - Mortgage Banking - Home Lending in Des Moines, Iowa
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo's enterprise success.
This position is on the Mortgage Banking Section which is responsible for providing legal support for Wells Fargo's consumer real estate lending operations. The team provides legal support to business units involved in performing Loan Orientation functions which include but are not limited to: mortgage loan documentation & disclosures, processing & underwriting, fees & charges, loan closings, sales practices, marketing, and fair lending. Regulatory oversight, Consent Order support and Attorney General Issues also fall within the purview of this legal team.
The successful candidate will:
• Review policies and procedures for consumer real estate lines of business to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
• Analyze and interpret new laws or changes to existing laws to determine applicability to business practices and provide guidance on relevant changes.
• Prior experience using Westlaw to research and resolve issues and matters, which may involve substantial legal or factual complexity, through detailed review and/or examination of documentation and/or factual investigation.
• Possess a high degree of analytical, written, and oral communication and organization skills.
• May prepare or review agreements and documents under the direction of an attorney.
• Be able to identify specific as well as broad, underlying issues in the area of expertise and work independently on complex assignments without direct supervision.
- 3+ years of paralegal experience demonstrated through work or military experience
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
Strong research skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
• Experience in the financial services industry, especially in banking and mortgage loan origination
• Knowledge of RESPA (Reg X), TILA (Reg Z), FCRA, or other mortgage origination laws.
• Knowledge of consumer real estate transactions/closings
• Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients and external constituents
- Paralegal certification may be required in some states
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.
Company: Wells Fargo
Req Number: 5564775-3
Updated: 2021-02-23 17:13:20.081 UTC
Location: Des Moines,IA
- Wells Fargo Jobs