Lumen Lead Technical Process Architect - Flexible Location in Des Moines, Iowa
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen is passionate about our customers, and we are looking for people who can help inspire them to turn their ideas into amazing realities. We are looking for diverse group of technically minded people that have a desire to further their careers with a company that is poised to change the world. If you like working in a dynamic, team-based environment; are passionate about innovation, delivering delightful customer experiences, and challenging yourself and others to explore what’s possible when you combine people and technology, then you might have the ingredients we need to do amazing things.
We are looking for a Lead Technical Process Architect who is passionate about leveraging technology for the betterment of humanity. This role will work in partnership with our technical sellers across Sales & Customer Success teams to identify and remove process friction for the Solution Engineering and Solution Support team
The Lead Technical Process Architect acts as a change agent on new and existing products to build, clarify, simplify, automate or eliminate technical processes used by the technical sellers in the Sales & Customer Success organization.
The Lead Technical Process Architect must have a strong desire to leverage their technical product knowledge and business acumen to understand business requirements, product details, legal & regulatory constraints, user experience (UX) and customer experience (CX) to increase the speed to order and implement Lumen solutions. The Lead Technical Process Architect will be responsible for analyzing workflows, forms, processes, portals and other Lumen systems to reduce cycle times and eliminate busywork.
This opening is in Lumen Technologies Technical Solutions Transformations Organization and is focused on solutions across all Lumen product sets for all Lumen customers.
The Main Responsibilities
• Seek efficiency, usability, and reduce repetitiveness of processes used by Technology Solutions through process improvement and automation
• Partner closely with Product Management, Sales Success Center, Service Delivery and Service Assurance on process enhancements
• Create and maintain technical process documentation in a central storage location and eliminate outdated and incorrect documents
• Drive creation of a single “what is truth” tool for customers and Technology Solutions support teams
• Create or improve process self-help material such as documenting and training.
• Facilitate clarity between involved parties when there’s process ambiguity
• Build trust and partner with teams that create process to build a robust version 1.0 of any new process.
• Provide counsel and leadership on future use of technology and business process improvements
• Pursue consistency and alignment of tools and portals across products
• Maintain prioritized list of process gaps to update based on revenue impact and workload reduction
• Take input from across Technology Solutions along with personal observations to seek improvement on gaps
• Enhance the alignment between users and implementors of process
• Identify areas where scripting, coding or macros will increase efficiency and decrease order time.
• Create scripts, coding and/or macros to increase efficiency and decrease order time.
• Provide documented scripts, code and/or macro to other Lumen organizations for lifecycle maintenance.
• Catalog and lifecycle manage scripts, code and/or macros used to increase efficiency and decrease order time.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 10+ years of experience with pre-sales and technology services industry.
• Strong presentation skills as well as the ability to build and present high-quality training to technical audiences
• General technical knowledge across three or more Lumen technology pillars (Global network infrastructure, edge cloud capabilities, connected security, communication, and collaboration services)
• Must be able to build strong team relationships and easily transfer technical information, work under pressure with tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously with a high attention to detail and accuracy
• General problem-solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues. Must demonstrate the ability to focus ambiguous needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Must demonstrate creative solution development.
• Ability to work independently, or as part of a team to create and maintain complex technical process
• Technical pre-sales and/or consulting experience
• Track record of writing technical documentation, understanding technical nuances and the ability to identify and document potential inputs and outputs
• Demonstrate knowledge of industry standard terminology and concepts
• Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio experience
• Be proficient in coding and debugging Python
• Very strong knowledge of Excel macros
• Strong listening, reasoning and objection handling skills
• Ability to prioritize with good time management skills
• Some Travel required
• Industry certification in 1 or more specialized technologies
• Tools: PowerBI, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft SharePoint page creation and content management
• Experienced in implementing Continuous Improvement methodologies, e.g., Lean/Six Sigma
• Experience in developing documents, informational presentations and project management
• Knowledge of internal Lumen sales tools including customer facing portals.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the private sector or military
• Recent background in Telecommunications Industry
• Experience in developing standards, best practices, guiding beliefs, and reference architectures at an enterprise level
Requisition #: 244312
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs