EY ITTS-Transaction Tax Advisory EDGE Analyst - Multiple Cities in Des Moines, Iowa
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: NASHVILLE, INDIANAPOLIS, CLEVELAND, COLUMBUS, OKLAHOMA CITY, DES MOINES, LOUISVILLE, JACKSONVILLE
The International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) practice is comprised of three competencies focused on advising corporate and private equity clients on all aspects of their capital agenda — Transaction Tax Advisory (TTA), International Corporate Tax Advisory (ICTA) and Transfer Pricing (TP). ITTS is unique in that it is a joint venture between the Strategy and Transactions and Tax service lines allowing ITTS to maximize market opportunities which leads to the growth and development of ITTS professionals. The transactions space is a major part of EY’s market strategy and a significant opportunity for both the business and EY professionals. The TTA competency is comprised of teams focused on the tax aspects of the client’s capital agenda. We have dedicated professionals focused on buy-side due diligence, structuring and cash tax modeling; sellside tax assistance, structuring and cash tax modeling; internal restructuring; capital structure and refinancing; distressed debt and bankruptcy; and tax attribute calculations and monetization strategies. ICTA is responsible for advising clients on international tax operations, including cross-border controversy, international policy advisory, international tax quantitative services, internal restructuring and refinancing. The TP competency addresses planning, documentation and controversy issues associated with intercompany transactions, assisting companies with supply chain matters, with a focus on intangible property, and helping companies accurately reflect and monitor their transfer pricing in their financial systems.
As a TTA Center of Excellence (COE) staff, you’ll be right at the heart of the action. You’ll team with our local office TTA EY professionals providing vital support on tax due diligence, tax structuring, and internal restructuring engagements as the teams advise many of the world’s largest organizations, fastestgrowing companies, and private equity firms throughout the transaction life cycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the tax risks and uncertainty in most complex transactions.
Your key responsibilities
As a TTA COE staff you’ll spend your time on engagements working in a highly collaborative culture.
Your key responsiblities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with local office TTA professionals and Engagement Management Services (EMS) on engagement administrative and Tax Quality matters by joining team meetings to understand the nature / scope of the engagement and then taking action by completing the required tasks such as drafting conflict letters, scope documents, statement of works, request lists, fee updates, billing, etc.
• Manage data room documents by comparing the documents received in the data room to the information request list that was sent and advising the engagement teams what documents are still needed and prepare supporting schedules and draft client deliverables for local office TTA teams by utilizing our in-house due diligence reporting tool, Cassandra.
• Perform preliminary tax technical analysis by reviewing the information received such as tax returns, legal documents and financial statements to identify potential exposures and raise such exposures to the engagement teams.
• Coordinate with non-US EY teams by scheduling calls and meetings, following up on outstanding requests, sharing documents and importing non-US sections into the due diligence report template.
• Draft initial tax due diligence report / client deliverables
• Analytical/decision making responsibilities: o Determining how to prioritize work o Understanding when an issue needs to be raised o Understanding the conflict checks requirements / separation of teams requirements when working with the COE scheduler
• Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams, participating in due diligence and other engagements (as outlined above) related to transactions for private equity and strategic corporate clients
• Support local office TTA engagement teams as they provide a thorough review of tax returns, legal documents and financial statements needed to evaluate and calculate potential tax exposures
• Receive support from Senior Analysts as they will be answering questions and providing guidance on completing tasks. (The local office TTA engagement teams will ultimately be responsible for reviewing the work product produced by COE team members.)
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Strong writing, analytical, communication, organizational and presentation skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced professional services environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required
• Minimum of two years of related tax experience or project management
• Tax provision or tax compliance experience preparing or reviewing business tax returns is preferred
• The following are helpful certifications, but not required:
o Professional licenses in accounting or law
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with a collaborative, client-focused approach to work. You’ll need strong communication skills and the ability to effectively prioritize when working with multiple engagement teams. If you’re a naturally curious problem-solver with confidence to get involved and support colleagues across the business, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs