Catholic Health Initiatives EMT- Mercy Ambulance- PRN in DES MOINES, Iowa
EMT- Mercy Ambulance- PRN
Location: DES MOINES, IOWA, UNITED STATES
Field: Clinical Support
Requisition #: 2019-R0229656
Post Date: May 24, 2019
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
GENERAL SUMMARY :
Provides direct patient care prior to and during transport for all patient populations including neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric, guided by protocols.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
· Ability to assess patients with medical conditions with findings reflected in the patient record.
· Prioritizes and anticipates patients’ needs and develops a plan of care.
· Implements interventions consistent with protocols and documents response to treatment.
· Provides ongoing evaluation, altering the treatment plan as needed. Documents findings and interventions.
· Prepares equipment and supplies. Checks medical equipment and supplies on a daily basis. Restocks and cleans unit after each mission.
· Knowledgeable in the use of radios and communication systems.
· Assists in the orientation of new EMT’s.
· Operates required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform required duties of the position.
· Participates in staffing special events as required
MINIMUMKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
High school diploma preferred or high schoolequivalency.
Certified as an EMT in the State of Iowa.
One year recent experience functioning as anEMT-B providing direct patient care preferred.
Valid driver’s/Chauffeurs License required.Must meet Mercy’s Motor Vehicle SafetyStandards, be at least 18 years of age, and be eligible to drive per Iowa statelaw.
Basic Life Support certified within six (6)weeks of hire.Acceptable credentialingbodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for theProfessional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support forHealthcare Providers.
Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abusetraining specific to population served within 3 months of hire.
Requisition ID: 2019-R0229656
Market: Mercy Medical Center
Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
Catholic Health Initiatives
- Catholic Health Initiatives Jobs