UnityPoint Health Device Technician II-Cardiology EP Nurse in Des Moines, Iowa
Device Technician II- EP Nurse
Full Time Benefits
Provide diagnostic services to patients being treated with cardiac arrhythmias that have implanted medical devices. The technical procedures performed by the Device Technician II require application of independent judgment, initiative, and the ability to provide competent medical services to patients.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Performs device interrogation and device management in accordance to clinic policy and procedure.
· Accurately acquires pacemaker, implantable cardioverter defibrillator, and implantable loop recorder data from device programmers.
· Provides accurate assessments of acquired findings from device interrogations by having a strong foundation of understanding in cardiac pathology and electrophysiology as it relates to device technology.
· Directs findings from device interrogations to the appropriate health care professional in accordance with established policy/protocols.
· Performs changes to programmed settings as directed by the physician and in accordance with established policy/protocols in order to optimize device function consistent with the patients clinical requirements.
· Accurately documents findings, changes, and patient response in the patient record.
· Provides continuity of care for the device patient by following scheduling guidelines as outlined in established device clinic policy/protocols.
· Maintains knowledge and skills associated with technological advances in pacing and defibrillation therapy and demonstrates competency.
Development and Patient Education
· Provides individualized education for patients and their families, recognizing and adapting to any special needs.
· Serves as a patient advocate by adhering to ethical standards and by maintaining an environment of professional conduct in the clinical setting.
· Educates and acts as a resource for members of the health care team about pacing and defibrillation theory and advances in technology.
· Coordinates work schedule with lead and/or scheduling desk to assure workload coverage.
· Assumes responsibility for the safety and the mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the care of the Device Technician.
· Organizes daily work schedule and performs clerical duties with accuracy. Completes billing exam forms.
· Maintains equipment and work area, inclusive of adequate supplies.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nurses or device industry trained representative.
· Strong working knowledge of cardiac anatomy and heart rhythms.
· One year experience in cardiology.
· Meets educational/competency requirements per policy.
· Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
· Current license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa/Illinois/Wisconsin for Registered Nurse or IBHRE Certification.
· BLS and Mandatory Reporter certification.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-95732
Street: 1215 Pleasant st
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Cardiology EP- Meth Plaza PB
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org