EY CloudApps -Applications Systems Engineer-Full Stack -Java Developer in Des Moines, Iowa
CloudApps -Applications Systems Engineer-Full Stack -Java Developer
Requisition # UNI00FSF
Post Date May 19, 2021
EY advises clients to understand, architect, select and implement bleeding-edge solutions required to efficiently run their businesses, with a focus on Digital and Cloud. These service areas span E-commerce, Solution Architecture, Mobile Applications, Digital Platform Architecture, Digital Technology Strategy, and Digital IT Operations.
Java Developer – Senior
Whole industries have been disrupted and transformed in recent years by digital technology. EY advises clients to understand, architect, select and implement bleeding edge solutions required to efficiently run their businesses, with a focus on Digital and Cloud. These service areas span E-commerce, Solution Architecture, Mobile Applications, Digital Platform Architecture, Digital Technology Strategy, and Digital IT Operations
As an Tech Consulting Professional, you’ll help businesses realize the value they can gain from their IT investments. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll deliver exceptional client service — providing support on how digital transformation contribute to performance improvement. You will also have plenty of opportunity to spread your wings and develop your skillset to keep up with the ever growing demands of the digital landscape
Your key responsibilities
Our growing Java team provides enterprise solutions, focuses in custom product development as well as quality application designs is currently seeking professionals who are hungry to learn, teach and mentor.
You will focus on the development, customization and optimization of Digital and Cloud based solutions. You will team with various EY groups with digital capabilities to support and deliver digital engagements and deliver solutions that will bring our client’s digital vision and strategy to life.
Skills and attributes for success
• Working in project teams through agreed upon phases of project governance, requirements definition, vendor selection, risk analysis, customization, testing, training and rollout of a client's project lifecycle
• Teaming with client technology professionals, and third-party strategic alliances
• Developing long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally
• Interacting and communicating effectively with teammates, clients, stakeholders, and executives
• Maintaining client relationships
• Demonstrating teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and staying abreast of IT trends relevant to client's business
• Developing technical capabilities in areas such as digital technology
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's degree and 3 or more years of related work experience
• 3 year minimum programming and development experience in JEE, Java, and J2EE
• 2 year minimum technical experience Full Stack technologies
• Strong background in scalability and automation
• Experience with Agile Development methodologies
• Experience with software delivery processes using continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
• Ability to think critically about problems and arrive at a practical solution with a sound architectural foundation
• Sound CS background particularly in data structures, optimization algorithms, and object oriented design
• End-to-end knowledge of the web application space including web server configuration, tuning, proxies, and load balancing
• An understanding of general system administration in Unix/Linux environments, network security, database administration and tuning, and Apache web server configuration, 3rd party services and API configuration and integration
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• A willingness to travel to meet client needs and a valid driver’s license in the US
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Degree emphasis in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, MIS, Mathematics desired; Master’s degree in one of these areas preferred
• Certifications and prior consulting experience highly preferred
• Relational and NoSQL database experience a plus
• Additional languages (e.g. Python, C++, Ruby, Scala, Neo4j) are a plus.
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate individuals with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Digital and Emerging Technology space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their digital strategy, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
• A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
• Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
• An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs