UnityPoint Health Chief Medical Officer in Des Moines, Iowa
UnityPoint Health – Des Moines is seeking their next Chief Medical Officer. The Chief Medical Officer is accountable to the President/CEO, UnityPoint Health Chief Medical Officer, and Medical Staff, and is responsible for the performance and effectiveness of the areas of Utilization Management, Medical Staff Credentialing, Clinical Risk Management, Adult Palliative Care Services, Clinical Decision Making/Quality, and other areas as assigned. The CMO serves as the institutional official for the operational oversight of the ethics Institutional Review Board (IRB). The CMO is accountable for partnering with UPH-DM Senior Leadership and System Services leadership to ensure the successful performance of all medical services within the organization. The CMO reports directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer of UnityPoint-Des Moines and will collaborate closely with the UnityPoint Health Chief Medical Officer.
To apply, please forward confidential inquiries, resumes and referrals to our search partners at Grant Cooper by contacting:
Develops and implements performance improvement strategies to align clinical care with evidence-based best practices.
• Serves as a member of the Senior Management Team for UPH-DM as well as a member of the UPH system-wide medical leadership.
• Demonstrates leadership in the development and implementation of programs and strategies to meet organizational needs related to the Medical Staff and quality patient care.
• Assists the Medical Staff and hospital management in fulfilling their obligations to each other and their responsibilities to patients for the provision of quality care.Works closely with the Medical Staff President and other physician leaders, including department and committee chairs.
• Works collaboratively with providers and hospital leadership to develop and implement initiatives that improve the quality and cost effectiveness of medical care.
• Serves as governance liaison for patient safety and quality of care.
• Actively participates in various UPH system-wide work.
• Works collaboratively with UnityPoint Health physician executives in similar regional roles to develop system-wide policies and programs dedicated to improving the quality and utilization of medical services and resources.
• Collaborate with system-level and regional Chief Medical Information Officer on information system initiatives.
Education and Credentials
• M.D. or D.O. degree and board certification required.
• MHA, MBA, MMM or equivalent degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of clinical experience and a minimum 5 years leadership experience including oversight of medical staff required.
• Must currently hold or have the ability to obtain a current non-restricted medical license in the state of Iowa.
• Knowledge in all aspects of medical care delivery, hospital and Medical Staff operations.
• Experience in peer medical review with an integrated health system or health plan is preferred.
• Must have experience in one or more of the following hospital or health plan committees: Utilization Management, Quality Improvement, Credentials, Bylaws, or Medical Records.
Requisition ID: 2020-80936
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Varies
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org
Work Remotely within the US: Yes