UnityPoint Health Cardiology Tech-EKG-Lutheran in Des Moines, Iowa
Cardiac Technicians are part of the Cardiovascular team. They are responsible for performing 12 lead EKG’s, Holter Monitors, Event Monitoring and Stress Testing on inpatients and outpatients patients at UnityPoint Health Des Moines. Cardiac Technicians work closely with our physicians and other staff members to process these tests for interpretation, results distributes, coding and billing. Consistently utilizes a holistic approach (considering physical, psyche/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria) appropriate for all patients served by UnityPoint Health Des Moines. Works together with the rest of the care team to achieve the best outcome for every patient, every time.
• Troubleshoots equipment problems and makes necessary adjustments in order to obtain readable test results. Refers problems to appropriate personnel.
• Operates various types of technical and computerized pieces of equipment, including facsimile machine, Treadmill, Holter Monitor system, Event Monitor equipment and be proficient using EPIC.
• Recognizes isolation situations and takes appropriate precautions.
• Cleans with approved cleaning agent, stocks equipment and outpatient exam area.
• Checks crash carts and checks defibrillators daily where applicable.
• Investigates client concerns and refers to appropriate staff person.
• Hooks up and monitors Stress tests for arrhythmia’s and blood pressure abnormalities and notifies Physician or nurse of changes, (including: Dobutamine, Nuclear, Stress Echocardiograms, and Regular Stress).
• Applies Holter Monitors and Event Monitors. Instructs clients in their usage. Loads recorded information into the appropriate computer system, edits, and prints and prepares results for the appropriate Cardiology group to interpret. Notifies Physicians of irregularities as directed.
• Performs and records EKG’s and leaves results with patient chart. Prepares test results for Physician interpretation as directed. Logs, edits, transcribe and distribute reports as directed.
• Identifies dangerous arrhythmias and notifies appropriate personnel.
Education: Must be a high school graduate or equivalent. Must have skills and knowledge in working with pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients. Must successfully complete basic arrhythmia/scope tech course within 1 year of hire for new employees.
Experience: Proficient use of computer technology. One (1) year of healthcare related background and experience preferred. Data entry experience preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons. BLS Certified (or for new hires obtained within 90 days).
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Read, Write and Speak fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft Office – basic computer skills. Customer/ patient focused. Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions.
Requisition ID: 2021-87719
Street: 700 E University Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $15.30/Hr.
Name: EKG- Luth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: As Needed- days & weekends
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org