General Electric BioProcess Cell Culture Strategy Leader in Des Moines, Iowa
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The BioProcess Cell Culture Strategy Leader will be responsible for the strategic support of the GE Cell Culture business, which includes HyClone cell culture media, process liquids and buffers, serum, and research products.
• Business Development/M&A evaluation and management.
• Coordinates strategy development and roll-up with global product management team.
• Provides special project support for new acquisitions and driving Cell Culture strategic programs until they are ready for integration into the standard product management portfolio.
• Coordinates with the Cell Culture product and service leadership team, the global Cell Culture commercial organizations and the global strategic marketing teams to ensure alignment across programs and growth areas.
• Manages the Cell Culture strategy development and reporting process to align the inputs from the business leaders into a unified Cell Culture strategy. This includes participation in the blueprint reporting process, annual budget planning exercises and preparing monthly business reviews by compiling inputs from the individual business leaders.
• Drives Cell Culture business development opportunities including evaluation of M&A opportunities, participation in due diligence teams as required, development of in-licensing and partnership opportunities that are in line with the Cell Culture strategy.
• Employs industry trend analysis, market share and competitive analysis to support strategy development and measure execution performance.
• Works with global Marketing to ensure goal alignment and track performance with the Cell Culture business.
• Incorporates regional input to business development cases.
• Helps assess to portfolio competitiveness and drive clear plans to address gaps in our capabilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
• Three to Five years of experience in strategic marketing, product marketing or a related field in Life Sciences focusing on experience in Cell Culture process development, single use systems and/or cell culture media.
• Experience working in cross-functional and diverse teams in a global setting.
• Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams.
• Influencing skills – ability to motivate individuals and demonstrate organizational influence.
• Strong analytical and process skills.
• Ability to travel 25-30%.
• Ability to work at either the Marlborough, MA or Logan, UT sites.
MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
Eight to Ten years of progressive experience in marketing, product marketing or a related field in Life Sciences
Three to Five years of international management experience
Marketing experience in market & customer insights, product commercialization and branding
Innovation – ability to develop/execute on new ideas through collaboration
Strong analytical and process skills
Locations: United States; Massachusetts, Utah; Marlborough, Logan
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.