Cobham Mission Sr. CAD Designer in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Sr. CAD Designer that will lead design of mechanical products. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Designs components, systems, and equipment, (mechanical or electrical) using 3D modeling CAD software.
- Creates drawings of parts and assemblies.
- Creates complex design layouts/models with supporting documentation.
- Creates concept and proposal models with supporting documentation.
- Selects hardware and other standard components for new designs.
- Assigns tolerance of specific parts per prescribed standards.
- Participates in design reviews as necessary.
- Writes engineering change orders to improve designs.
- Converts other drawing formats in Pro-E or AutoCAD software format.
- Researches parts and components to ensure accuracy.
- Designs products using two-column tolerance stack-up methods.
- Uses computer to accomplish responsibilities.
- Perform all operations according to prescribed safety principles.
- Associates Degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a CAD Designer.
- Minimum 5 years 3D solid modeling experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Creo (formerly ProEngineer).
- Minimum 2 years of experience with the application of ASME Y14.5 GD&T; methods.
- Experience with ASME Y14.100 drafting standard.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Knowledge of Pro-Cable.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Ability to design complex mechanical devices.
- Knowledge in configuration management.
- Experience or thorough knowledge in Product Data Management (PDM).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Excellent computer system skills (Windows OS).
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at*_www.cobham.com/careers__ or follow us on our LinkedIn page at__www.linkedin.com/company/cobham_*
To be considered you must apply by going to*_www.cobham.com/careers_*
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 25-Jul-2018, 6:07:31 AM
Recruiter: Jennifer Wells
Req ID: 247914