John Deere Quad Cities Production: CNC Machinist in Davenport, Iowa
Machines parts and/or part details in a team environment on CNC machine tools designed to turn, drill, bore and/or mill production material.
Types of Machines, Tools and Equipment Used or Operated:
Various types of CNC machine tools designed to perform turn, drill, bore and/or mill operations, material handling equipment, jigs, fixtures, measuring gages and instruments, and various hand tools.
Work is not closely supervised. Employees must maintain a safe work environment. Details are dependent on duties assigned but in general consist of the following:
- Turns, drills, bores and/or mills, etc., parts.
- Operates one or more CNC machine tools to complete an operation.
- Performs own setups and/or works from part prints and/or job specifications.
- Checks results for conformance to print and/or specifications and makes necessary corrections.
- Records data and/or keeps records for quality, maintenance and/or preventive maintenance, SPC, etc.
- Lubricates, adds coolant, checks and/or cleans equipment and tooling.
- Performs some preventive maintenance and adjustments to equipment.
- Instructs and assists other team members.
- Moves and positions loads.
Cleans work area and performs other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job. Minimum Qualifications:
1 year experience in industrial machining or any heavy metal manufacturing machining
- Or certificate or associate degree in CNC machining from a recognized educational institution John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Continue