Cobham Mission Project Manager II in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham Mission Systems in Davenport, Iowa is seeking a Project Manager II.
- Responsible for managing and delivering projects or work package/s with moderate complexity to cost, schedule and technical performance
- Define and execute the project management plan, to include responsibility matrix ,cost and resource plans
- Day to day management of the Integrated Product Team (IPT), including organizing, coordinating and directing project activities to achieve agreed project objectives
- Track schedule, cost and resources; including assessing EAC.
- Communicate to external and internal customers through regular reviews.
- Ensure that all required resources such as engineering, manpower, production, computer time, facilities, etc., are available for the project.
- Conduct formal cost and schedule variance analysis and develop any recovery plans required to eliminate schedule or cost variances.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the project in terms of sales, cash and profit and meeting all business case requirements.
- Identify and monitor technical, schedule & cost risks (threats and opportunities) and follow standard processes to plan and implement response to them.
- Lead or participate in Program Reviews, Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs) and other project or management reviews.
- Adhere to lifecycle management procedures in order to deliver against the requirements of the business.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and production cycle of new or modified products.
- Manage the efforts, cost, and schedule for engineering design and development, and for its integration into manufacturing.
- Perform all operations according to prescribed safety environmental principles.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years' project management experience, planning and implementing detailed projects, creating project overviews and leading Integrated Product Teams (IPT).
- Experience interpreting contracts, developing and administering budgets, and monitoring programs including schedules and risk-control.
- Experience with Microsoft Office PRO including Project, as well as databases, spreadsheets, etc.
- Experience managing cross-functional disciplines (Engineering, Operations, etc.) and Supply Chain partners.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Project Management Training and/or certification (e.g. CAPM, APM IC)
- Graduate Development Program or similar Experience desirable.
- Experience managing same or similar functions and technology, with proven delivery track record.
- Experience managing medium scale work packages involving the same or similar functions and technology preferred.
- Ability to independently prioritize daily activities and meet department objectives.
- Capable of expressing ideas clearly and communicating effectively with employees at all levels in the organization, including the ability to prepare and make technical presentations to customers, vendors, small groups of mid- and top-level managers, and other stakeholders.
- Able to travel internationally (5%).
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visitwww.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page atwww.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Project Management
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: CMS - Davenport
Job Posting: 01-Mar-2021, 8:15:34 AM
Recruiter: Mark Whalen
Req ID: 322143