Cobham Mission Program Manager in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Program Manager to work in the Cobham Mission Systems Sector at our Davenport, Iowa facility. Candidate will work with various Life Support, Air to Air Refueling, or other site products. The successful candidate will lead and manage the CAT 2 or CAT 3 programs of multiple projects to deliver the agreed scope within planned quality, time and cost customer parameters to drive customer and stakeholder satisfaction. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Coordinate development requirements and related activities for new or modified products within the Life Support portfolio.
- Manage the efforts, cost, and schedule for engineering design and development, and for its integration into manufacturing.
- Ensure that all required resources such as engineering, manpower, production, computer time, facilities, etc., are available for the program.
- Develop and transmit Statements of Work, Specifications, and Supplier Data Requirements Lists (SDRL).
- Serve as primary customer contact for program information, and host periodic customer reviews.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the program will be evaluated and successful
- Direct and influence indirect teams/ integrated product teams (IPT) to facilitate program success.
- Interpret contracts, develop and administer budgets, and monitor programs including schedules and risk-control.
- Demonstrated experience introducing new items to production, and supporting large-scale production programs.
- Ensure effective and open communication throughout the program team and with stakeholders
- Direct the supply chain for the whole program
- Integrate the reporting for the program across all of the projects making best use of available PMO capabilities
- Integrate the outputs from the projects turning the capabilities into the required outcomes for the stakeholders
- Set up and operate the governance for the program
- Travel to customer facilities nationally and internationally as required.
- Actively promote and enforce adherence to S|H|E rules and procedures.
- Identify and effect change to reduce risks of harm and minimize waste and resources used.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Engineering Program Manager
- 5+ years’ experience leading New Product Development integrated teams in a matrixed driven environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Project, as well as Excel and other office suite products.
- Experience with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Earned Value Management.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Understanding and working knowledge of both DOD and Commercial design assurance specification (DO-178/254, AS9100, APQP, Mil-Std810, etc…
- Experience with Deltek and Cobra.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification.
- Experience using FAR/DFAR
- Product Support Agreement Management and Aftermarket Product Management.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of PPM techniques
- Experience in leading change and process improvements
- Skilled in detail-oriented work, but capable of seeing the big picture.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate verbally and written with all levels externally and internally.
- Ability to build rapport and manage relationships with key customer personnel
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visitwww.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page atwww.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Project Management
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: CMS - Davenport
Job Posting: 12-Aug-2020, 3:41:32 PM
Recruiter: Mark Whalen
Req ID: 316221