Cobham Mission TBE Mechanical Engineer – Aerial Refueling Equipment (Fuels) in Davenport, Iowa
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will support activities to prepare for and close Critical Design Review (CDR), prepare engineering drawings for procurement, initial builds and testing of aerial refueling fuel system components and installations.
- Prepare and release of technical documentation, including engineering drawings and requirement compliance analyses.
- The position will involve communicating with team members to clearly understand requirements of and define sizing, performance, and location of parts within the fuel system installation.
- Communicate with Cobham fuel systems engineers and suppliers to find and understand closure to questions or gaps in information
- Compose assigned test and analysis reports in accordance with Cobham and Customer standards, including compliance statements and gap statements
- Compose assigned test plans and test procedures for fuels, mechanical, hydraulic and functional performance tests
- Support Cobham engineering and design teams in identification, design and provisioning of test facilities and test support equipment which supports communicated program day plans and schedules
- Communicate clear status of progress and work completion status
- Support Cobham test engineering in Test Readiness Review preparation and review conduct
- Support Cobham test engineering to perform defined test procedures
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years engineering experience with design and definition of aerospace or similar components, equipment, and installations.
- Must demonstrate previous aircraft development experience in design, sizing, and specifying fuel or structural systems or components.
- Must demonstrate ability in engineering design solutions compliant to customer and regulatory requirements for aircraft fuel or structural components or systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Due to export compliance, must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful U.S. Permanent Resident.
- 5+ years engineering experience with design and definition of aerospace or similar components, equipment, and installations
- Experience with requirement compliance matrices and/or requirement verification matrices
- Desired experience with two-column tolerance stacks and expert knowledge of GD&T; per Effective Training Inc. by Alex Krulikowski
- Experience in3D modeling with ProEngineer/Creo.
- Familiarity with and ability to interpret ASME Y14.5-2009
- Previous experience in leading design teams through CDR and into initial procurement and build of aerospace products and/or installations.
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Job Code: 1560
# of Openings: 3