Cobham Mission Layout Inspector - 2nd Shift in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a 2nd Shift Layout Inspector that will provide metrology service and dimensional analyses for the full range of product units, sub-assemblies, fabricated piece-parts, purchased parts, and first-piece exhibits from machine shop tool set-ups. This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Stages and performs size and positional measurements on product parts using manual surface-plate techniques or Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) on fragile parts, without damaging parts or measuring equipment.
- Reads and interprets complex tool design and engineering drawings, including geometric dimensioning systems such as those described in ANSI Y14.5 (American National Standard Engineering Drawings and Related Documentation Practices).
- Maintains complete and accurate inspection records.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 4+ years of experience in mechanical blueprint reading, gaging techniques, surface finish techniques, and records management.
- 4+ years of experience in providing dimensional analyses for all product units, sub-assemblies, fabricated and purchased piece-parts, and first-piece exhibits from machine shop tool set-ups.
- 2+ years of experience in measuring a variety of product units, sub-assemblies, and parts, using both manual surface-plate techniques and Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) without damaging parts or measuring equipment.
- 2+ years of experience with calibrating gauges.
- 2+ years of experience reading and interpreting complex tool design and engineering drawings, including geometric dimensioning systems such as those described in ANSI Y14.5.
- 2+ years of experience in maintaining complete and accurate inspection records, using a computer terminal.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be able to work without detailed instructions, relying instead, upon his/her own knowledge of measuring applications.
- Must be able to participate in technical discussions about metrology applications/techniques with members of management team and shop personnel.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills and be able to get along with co-workers.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at*_www.cobham.com/careers__ or follow us on our LinkedIn page at__www.linkedin.com/company/cobham_*
To be considered you must apply by going to*_www.cobham.com/careers_*
Job Category: Technicians & Operators
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 07-Aug-2018, 7:58:08 AM
Recruiter: Michael Bodner
Req ID: 248354