WindStream Communications Analyst I-Eng and Construction in Creston, Iowa
/"Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.”/
Windstream Holdings, Inc. is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
About the Role:
As an Analyst supporting Engineering and Construction you will utilize intermediate MS Office skills to analyze data related to construction and engineering projects and make recommendations as needed.
This challenging, fast-paced work environment requires energy and enthusiasm and the desire to learn tools and applications specific to Windstream such as GIS mapping software, SIS Change Management application, Video Inspection application (Talonview), EPM, Job Trac, Outsourcing Application, and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Utilize keen attention to detail required to analyze data and provide recommendations on appropriate courses of action.
- Monitor progress and provide reports on jobs within planning, engineering and construction phases.
- Audit outside plant job closeout packages including invoices.
- Other ILEC Engineering/OSP support activities as assigned.
Do You Have?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to provide accurate, timely, and concise updates to leadership.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills to maintain and update several data lists at the same time.
- The ability to remain focused and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, performing required duties and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate professionally via email, phone calls and video conferencing and exhibit strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a flexible shift with some overtime with approximately 30% travel.
- A valid driver’s license.
- College degree and 0-3 years professional level experience; or 4 years professional level related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience.
*Even Better: *
- OSP Engineering knowledge and an aptitude to learn.
- Familiarity with multiple MS Office applications.
- Previous experience with Windstream systems and applications.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
College degree and 0-3 years professional level experience; or 4 years professional level related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Iowa-Creston
Job Category: Engineering
Requisition ID: 21003219
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
- WindStream Communications Jobs