Aerotek Environmental Engineering Technician (Entry Level) in Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Engineering Technician is accountable for water remediation systems used to treat contaminated groundwater and other industrial wastewaters. The Engineering Technician will be exposed to and trained in all aspects of construction dewatering by working with the Chief Dewatering Engineer and other senior engineers to evaluate project plans and geotechnical information to determine dewatering need, design dewatering systems, dewatering costs, etc.
*A degree in Civil, Environmental, or Construction Management, Hydrogeology, Geotechnical Engineering, or an equivalent amount of school or work experience in a related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to problem solve using technical data
• Strongly self-motivated, ability to perform tasks with little or no direction
• Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and/or technical manuals preferred
• Knowledge of budget cost estimating and bidding procedures preferred
• Work experience in the construction industry preferred
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs