WindStream Communications Network Technician in Clarinda, Iowa
/"Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.”/
Please note that this position follows an initial Union job bidding process * * Essential Job Functions1. Install, repair, support, and promote products and services generally purchased and used by residential customers or small businesses. Install, repair, support, and maintain equipment generally located in central offices. These products, services, and equipment may include but are not limited to: · Voice Services and Equipment · Data Services and Equipment · Video Services and Equipment · Network Services and Equipment · Transport Services and Equipment 2. Perform other work as business needs demand including but not limited to installation, repair, support, and promotion of products and services generally purchased and used by business customers.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Certification/License: Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record * * * Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (required)*
- Internal applicants must have satisfactory performance in all respects of current position.
- If applicable, must successfully complete prerequisite training and testing.
- Must be able to correctly identify all colors of a color-coded cable.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with the public, co-workers and managers.
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Must be available for overtime, after hours call-outs or work during non-scheduled hours.
- Must be available to work assigned schedules, including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
- Must be capable of heavy lifting.
- Must be capable of working with and maintaining assigned tools and equipment.
- Must be neat in appearance, be able to write legibly, and prepare and maintain neat and accurate records.
- Must be willing and ready to work in any assigned location and to attend schools for training, which may require over night travel as determined by the Company.
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn and use a variety of current and future applications, test systems or information systems as they are developed.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of related experience/education to include customer service and/or related telephony fields.
- Must have a working knowledge of telephony outside plant including but not limited to drops, cross-boxes, fiber systems, terminals, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and any applicable applications.
- Must be capable of working aloft and successfully complete all necessary safety training including “Working Aloft and Ladder Safety”.
- Must meet weight requirements as defined in Windstream’s Safe Load Limits for Equipment and Ladders Policy.
- Must have knowledge of digital switching, transport systems (i.e. SONET, DS3, DS1, analog fiber), ISDN, DSL, analog and digital data, PX, and VOIP.
- Must participate in WINDSTREAM Rewards program, which includes selling and/or referring Company products and services to existing/potential customers.
- Must reside within a reasonable distance of assigned reporting center.
Knowledge in the following areas: DS1/DS3 installation, testing, and troubleshooting Analog Transport installation, testing, and troubleshooting SONET OC-3/12/48 installation, testing, and troubleshooting WDM/CWDM/DWDM installation, testing, and troubleshooting EWSD programming and trouble shooting EWSD Translations
Experience with the following vendors/ models of transport equipment: Tellabs (AFC) DLC Zhone AccessNode DLC Calix C7 DLC/DSLAM Lucent DSLAM Hatteras HN4000 Optelian WDM/CWDM/DWDM Adtran TA3000 Adtran 1148/1248 DSLAM Adtran 2820 multiplexer Adtran 5000 Juniper M10/M170 Alcatel DML 3 X 50 Rockwell Alcatel 7470 Fujitsu 2400 TRIB Fujitsu 150 WideBank DCS Turin
Experience with the following models/ vendors of test equipment: T-COM T-Bird Acterna 2310 JDSU 6000 GigE test set JDSU HST-3000 test set/ Dynatel 965
Primary Location: *US-Iowa-Clarinda
Job Category: Field Operations
Requisition ID: 20003192
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
- WindStream Communications Jobs