Belcan Sr. Systems Engineer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Sr. Systems Engineer
Job Number: 313063
Description: A Sr. Systems Engineer job in Cedar Rapids, IA is currently available through Belcan. In the Navigation & Sensor Solutions SATNAV Systems department, you will become part of a Systems Engineering and Integration Team developing Modernized M-Code GPS Receivers for ground and weapons defense programs. The team is responsible for the complete systems product development process including requirements analysis and capture, design, integration and product verification including operations and customer support. Developing military GPS products with the latest technology and maintaining our legacy receivers, this systems engineering team works closely with hardware and software development teams during the development process as well as in GPS labs to integrate and test products using equipment to facilitate live and simulated signals and environments. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor's degree in a STEM field and at least two years of systems engineering experience. You must be a US citizen with an active secret level security clearance. This is a very long-term contract opportunity with a global leader in the defense industry.
Sr. Systems Engineer Job Duties:
● Specific responsibilities of this position span all phases of system product development for modernized GPS receivers
● Systems requirements analysis, definition and validation
● System architecture design
● Hardware/software integration and requirements verification testing
● System modeling and simulation
● Coordination among systems, hardware, ASIC and software design functions as well as developing engineering documentation.
The successful candidate will have these basic qualifications:
● Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor"s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline
● US Citizenship Required
● Effective communication (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
● A desire to participate on a results-oriented, product development team and be highly motivated; self-directed; and able to balance multiple tasks
● Technical aptitude and professionalism
● Effectively interact and build trust with team members from many different backgrounds, including engineering management and engineering teams
● Experience with system requirements capture, design, and decomposition
● Experience with systems integration and verification testing
Key skills for success:
● Must excel working in a team environment and establishing collaborative relationships with coworkers.
● Well organized and able to communicate effectively with team members, leadership, and customers.
● Must have the desire to participate on a results-oriented engineering team, be highly motivated, and be self-directed.
Assets that would be a plus:
● Knowledge of or experience with Lean-Agile principles and Scrum Teams.
● Familiar with Engineering Development tools
○ DOORS for requirements development and verification traceability
○ JIRA for change management
○ SVN for configuration management
○ MATLAB/Simulink and Excel for data analysis
○ Python scripting for manual and automated testing
● Experience in GPS development and/or knowledge of GPS signal processing.
● Experience with GPS simulators.
● Experience with modern software languages (e.g. Java, C, C++, C#, Python, perl, etc.)
If you are interested in this Sr. Systems Engineer job in Cedar Rapids, IA please apply via the apply now link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce.
Location: Cedar Rapids , IA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 6
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend (emailjobs.asp?jo_num=313063)
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog in (memberlogin.asp) to apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart