Shermco Industries Senior Training Specialist (Substation Maintenance) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
SENIOR ELECTRICAL TRAINER (Substation Maintenance Skills)
Join our team of leaders in electrical power system maintenance, repair, testing & training. Due to continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Senior Training Specialist, with strong knowledge of medium & high-voltage substation equipment, testing & maintenance. This position will develop and conduct training courses at our office and at locations regionally.
Why Work for Shermco?
- Shermco is accredited by NETA and is the largest independent electrical testing company in North America, with industry-leading electrical and safety training.
- Shermco represents NETA on NFPA 70E, NEC and ASTM committees.
- Shermco is an expert in the topics we train, because we actually do the work!
- Strong benefits and compensation package.
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant field experience in electrical substation testing and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of the operations and testing methodology for circuit breakers, transformers, and relays.
- NETA or NICET (Electrical Power Testing) certification a plus.
- Previous training experience helpful, but not mandatory.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Powerpoint and Word.
- Must have strong communication skills and professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to travel 40%+ to training events across North America.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- This position requires travel to other job sites and states, up to 40%
- Teach new skills as well as developing existing skills needed by electricians, electrical technicians, operating engineers and other personnel as required by the customer to ensure safe and efficient operation of electrical systems and equipment.
- Instruct students in electrical equipment operations, maintenance and safety procedures through lectures, class-room training and hands-on demonstrations in our substation lab.
- Prepare and update existing course material.
- Test students by using written exams as well as hands-on evaluations.
- Prepare the classroom for instructional activities by arranging seating, training materials, and audio-visual aids.
- Attend training seminars, job and course relevant training.
- Research current industry practices by using industry sources and field experiences.
- Discuss training needs with customers to determine appropriate training methods and materials.
- Develop training programs and materials for use in training courses.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE