Hy-Vee Food Stores Pharmacist - Full Time in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job Title: Pharmacist FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Pharmacy Revision Date: 04/2015
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Fills and/or verifies prescriptions and counsels patients in accordance with all state and federal statutes and regulations. Assists with pharmacy's inventory, including controlled substances, on an annual basis or as recommended.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store Director, Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers, Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacy Supervisor
Direct Reports: Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Clerk, Delivery Person, and Pharmacy students
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people.
Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
Assists customers by:
· escorting them to the products they're looking for
· securing products that are out of reach
· loading or unloading heavy items
· making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
· performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
Assists with controlled substance inventory on an annual basis or as recommended.
Assists with inventory control, maintaining inventory levels by ordering and stocking merchandise, checking invoices, and entering inventory information into the computer.
Assists with coaching, counseling, and training employees; participates in additional education and training.
Assists HBC manager with ordering and merchandising OTC's.
Fills and/or verifies prescriptions and counsels patients according to OBRA '90 regulations.
Assists with reconciliation and balancing of 3rd party accounts.
Visits schools, doctors' offices, senior centers, etc. to market services.
Assists with monthly inventory.
Builds growth and sales through counseling and wellness programs.
Follows security and regulatory procedures including Quality Assurance Programs.
Assumes the responsibility for the department in the absence of the pharmacy manager.
Ensures customers are given prompt and courteous service.
Maintains a professional appearance, i.e. clean lab coat and name tag.
Communicates continually with pharmacy manager about any procedural changes, issues, or corporate communications.
Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Partners with other departments or staff (i.e. dietitian) to promote wellness and the pharmacy.
Assists in other areas of the store as needed.
Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
College degree and licensure in pharmacy. Must have continuing education to maintain license. Six months to a year of similar or related work experience. Medication Therapy Management (MTM) preferred. Ability to administer immunizations.
· Must be able to physically exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
· Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
· Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
· Have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
· Must be able to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals; have increased contact with people; interview counsel or advise people; evaluate technical data.
This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a retail store setting. Must be able to handle multiple tasks (filling scripts, answering telephone, waiting on customers, etc.) every day. There is an occasional exposure to dangerous chemicals/solvents while compounding products and chemotherapy drugs.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC with pharmacy software and printer, cash register, Telexon ordering unit, pharmacy balance, scanner, calculator, telephone, fax, and copier.
Maintains the confidentiality of the customer's private medical information according to the HIPAA act. Maintains the confidentiality of prescription drug pricing and costs.
Is fully responsible for company assets including prescription inventory, third party accounts receivable, pharmacy computer and software, and pharmacy fixtures. Has full authority, within reasonable limits, to purchase inventory for the pharmacy.
Has daily contact with customers, general public, and suppliers/vendors, and pharmacy operations support staff. Has occasional contact with community or trade/professional organizations and federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies.