UnityPoint Health Director Home Medical Equipment in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Director, Home Medical Equipment
Waterloo & Cedar Rapids Regions
As a member of the HME leadership team, this individual directs all aspects of the HME daily operations. By working with the site(s) leadership team, the Director of HME will ensure that clients receive their services in a timely manner while capturing revenue. Expertise in the local market and participation in regional planning is required. Communicates with staff and site leaders to create a collaborative culture. This position will also both assist in development and closely monitor metrics to ensure company goals are met.
Directs Daily Business Operations
• Oversees multiple sites/departments
• Responsible for oversight of Home Medical Equipment service and support lines within the region, which may include: HME, Complex Mobility, Home Respiratory Care, Retail Sales, Inventory Management and Delivery Services
• Provides daily leadership to ensure efficient and effective operations
• Ensures regulatory compliance at responsible sites is met
• Addresses any variances in polices or procedures
• Oversees inventory and supply management
• Educates regional locations on executing specific business development strategies.
• Responsible for working with other members of the UnityPoint at Home HME team for developing and implementing HME related policy and procedures.
• Responsible for working with other members of the UnityPoint at Home leadership team to implement and execute marketing strategies for the HME service lines. 30%
• Collaborates with leadership team to develop and manage to monthly and annual budgets
• Utilizes data to ensure operational targets, including financial, quality, patient and employee satisfaction are met
• Analyzes gaps in performance
• Develops mitigation tactics to redirect negative performance
• Participates in long term planning and strategy
• Participates in negotiating contracts and agreements for provision of services and assures enforcement of the agreements 30%
Employee Management and Development
• Provides leadership to ensure effective, efficient office operations, optimizing performance and continually improving quality of care in a vastly changing health care environment. Responsible for creating a collaborative culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice, consistent with the mission, vision and values of the company.
• Establishes effective mechanisms of communication with staff and the management team to foster an environment of openness, trust, teamwork and staff development.
• Optimizes operations and distributes duties to ensure optimal patient care
• Monitors productivity and adjusts staffing when necessary
• Responsible for all aspects of staffing including onboarding and terminations
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant experience.
• Masters degree in health care or related field.
• Minimum of five years of experience in health care management.
• Demonstrates an ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
• Ability to market aggressively and deal tactfully with the community.
• Knowledge of corporate business management.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to resolve issues and deals with difficult situations effectively.
• Strong investigative, analytical and business skills. Ability to see the “big picture” and provide solutions for strategy, operational needs, and goals.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Learns new concepts quickly and applies them in the course of their work.
• Openly and actively communicates information.
• Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem solving expertise.
• Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
• Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
• Strong business acumen
• Interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to work in team environment
• Critical thinking skills to problem solve
Ability to influence team members to drive change
• Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
• Travel required between sites that are supervised is required
Requisition ID: 2020-73611
Street: 298 Blairs Ferry Rd
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Admin- HME- CR
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday - Friday, Daytime
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org