United Technologies Corporation Associtate CyberSecurity and Risk Management in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID: 01368117
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
Collins Aerospace is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join the Digital Technologies (DT) Security Operations staff in the Security Center of Excellence (COE).
This position is for an Entry-level Information Security Associate responsible for supporting the Identity and Access Management processes and controls which are associated with the protection of information. The professional is expected to work with end user services and cross-functional teams to provide the requested security services, troubleshoot and resolve issues. This includes the identification of DT security violations, documenting security policies and procedures, and communicating with various levels of professionals. The Information Security professional is expected to operate and perform at the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity and work among a team of skilled analysts to address simple to moderately complex problems across the various security functions.
The focus of this role is working within the Collins Aerospace DT Cybersecurity department reporting to the Manager, Cybersecurity COE.
Job responsibilities are:
• Assist with tier two/three security support services for the enterprise. This includes timely resolution of tickets and completion of requests within prescribed Service level Agreements (SLAs) to ensure all standard processes are followed.
• Assist in all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
• Assists in the support of domain structures, user authentication, digital signatures, provisioning, authorization, and identity administration.
• Participates in the on-call rotation.
• Assists with detailed troubleshooting in support of system remediation efforts.
• Remediation of tickets placed into the COE queue by other parties
• Escalating security tickets to parties responsible for remediation or additional analysis when necessary
• Escalating issues as necessary to lead or COE manager
• Following up on open items to ensure timely resolution. Escalation of older tasks for attention and immediate resolution
• Completion of weekly status reports and metrics updates to lead or COE manager.
• Making recommendations for adjustments to standard work as situations emerge that are not yet captured in documentation
• Serving as a security lead for simple to moderately complex development and deployment projects.
• Working towards being a Subject Matter Expert in at least one area and considered a domain generalist in multiple areas, including a moderate understanding of information security knowledge in the assigned areas.
• Ensuring any changes in ability to cover an on-call shift are clearly communicated to lead and COE manager and documented appropriately; work with other teammates for coverage as needed
• Various projects, reports, and tasks as assigned
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and less than 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
• 1-2 years of customer service experience preferred
• Demonstrated analysis expertise – to include ability to think critically and logically in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• Must possess or be able to obtain (at company’s expense) a Secret level clearance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Experience with Microsoft and Unix-based operating systems
• Experience in Active Directory and Account administration
• Experience in general security to effectively collaborate with team members and leadership.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.
United Technologies Corporation
- United Technologies Corporation Jobs