ITC Holdings Associate Engineer - Cedar Rapids, IA in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Supports business objectives through any of the following specialty areas: equipment/maintenance engineering, system protection, Control Room support, transmission line design, system planning, substation design, and/or the implementation of capital projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides technical support to field personnel and contractors in the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of system components under the guidance of a Senior Engineer.
• Assists in the preparation estimates, material requisitions, specifications and drawings for internally designed projects.
• Assists in troubleshooting technical problems on various electrical equipment and systems.
• Assists in creating designs for electrical transmission lines or substation installations, protective relaying systems, relay settings and SCADA systems, with review by Senior Engineers.
• Collaborates with other engineers and departments which may include consulting, managing projects, organizing resources, or maintenance.
• Generates internal and external reports on various facets of transmission system.
• Attends meetings and training sessions to increase professional knowledge and skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering with major in Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering is preferred.
• Co-op/Intern experience at a utility preferred.
• Sound analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors and individuals inside and outside of the Company.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access).
• Ability to learn and utilize job specific software.
Title: Associate Engineer - Cedar Rapids, IA
Location: IA-Cedar Rapids
Requisition ID: 2000001N