UnityPoint Health Speech Pathologist - Pediatrics in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Speech Pathologist - Pediatrics
Monday-Friday (Clinic hours 7am-5pm)
The speech pathologist is responsible for providing speech, language and swallowing services to outpatients including assessment, treatment planning and implementation with related documentation.
· Receives referrals, screens and/or evaluates to determine the need for patient intervention.
· Interprets evaluation findings and develops an appropriate treatment plan, including goal setting.
· Carries out treatment plan and coordinates with patient, family, significant others and care team.
Monitors patient’s response and modifies treatment to achieve goals.
· Documents the results of patient’s assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services
· Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the patients in their own environment
· Reviews and analyzes quality appropriateness of the occupational therapy services delivered. Reports associated problems to supervisor as indicated.
· Understands and complies with billing and reimbursement procedures according to governmental and third party requirements. Follows through with accurate and ethical billing practices.
· Accepts responsibility for maintaining and developing personal and professional skills and knowledge related to the work area assigned.
· Shares new learning with peers to support the clinical skill and program development of peers.
Quality of Care
· Oversees Speech Pathology students and/or CFY interns as assigned. According to licensure laws, is professionally accountable for overseeing delegated clinical skills of the Assistant and Therapy Technician.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate from an accredited speech pathology program.
One year of experience preferred.
In the process of obtaining licensure to practice Speech Pathology in the State of Iowa as defined in the Iowa Speech Pathologists and Audiologists Regulation and Practice Act.
Licensed to practice Speech Pathology in the State of Iowa as defined in the Iowa Speech Pathologists and Audiologists Regulation and Practice Act.
Certificate of Clinical Competence for Speech-Language Pathologists (CCC-SLP)
· Must read, write, speak and comprehend English.
· Must be able to communicate effectively (written and orally) with people of diverse professional, educational and lifestyle backgrounds.
· Communication-written & verbal
· Decision making
· Customer/patient focused
· Interpersonal skills
· Managing priorities/deadlines
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Planning and organizing skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-82221
Street: 5100 Prairie Pkwy
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Physical Therapy-Prairie Pw-WL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Clinic Hours 7 AM-5 PM; varied daily scheduled hours
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org