UnityPoint Health Therapy Services Technician (Part Time Mon/Fri) in Anamosa, Iowa
As a leader in community health care, UnityPoint Health - Jones Regional Medical Center (JRMC) is the only hospital in the Jones County area and cares for more than 5,500 people each month. Our state-of-the-art facility specializes in 24-hour emergency care, lab and radiology, inpatient hospital visits and nursing care; outpatient surgeries and clinics; counseling; and rehabilitation. Jones Regional Medical Center's mission is to improve the health of the people and the communities we serve.
To learn more about Jones Regional Medical Center click this Link!
Description of Position:
The rehab therapy tech is responsible for performing a variety of housekeeping, stocking and assigned clerical tasks, care for equipment, and assisting with patient care activities under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Cleans and sanitizes therapy equipment
· Maintains a safe and orderly work environment by performing duties such as routine cleaning of equipment, changing mat sheets and pillow cases between patients, restocking linen and returning equipment and supplies to their proper location
· Stocks treatment rooms
· Orders and puts supplies away
· Set up equipment and treatment areas for patients
· Assist in direct or indirect patient care activities under appropriate guidance, direction, and/or supervision in accordance with the State of Iowa practice acts. Examples of patient care activities include functional mobility training, strengthening and ROM exercises
· Assists with clerical tasks including scheduling as assigned
· Performs additional duties as assigned such as mentoring volunteers and interns, performing audits, grocery shopping, and making materials for home programs, maintaining various logs (food, dry cleaning log, temperature, preventative maintenance, MSDS), casting, and scoring tests
Program and Professional Development
· Facilitates orderly department functioning
· Participates in department and hospital meetings
· Participates in performance improvement activities
· Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner in support of the hospital’s commitment to ethical behavior in all areas of personal and professional activity
· Successfully completes hospital-wide orientation, annual hospital competencies and department/unit specific competencies
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
Experience serving people (preferably in health care setting)
Sustained history of previous employment for wages
One year therapy aide experience or some experience as a therapy aide/volunteer or current enrollment in a 2 or 4 year physical/occupational therapy program or pre-physical/occupational therapy curriculum.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Basic computer knowledge and skills
Works well with all customers and co-workers at all levels of the organization
Demonstrates a cooperative, courteous and dependable work performance
Maintains confidentiality at all times
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Information about Jones Regional Medical Center - Anamosa, IA
Jones Regional Medical Center has been named 5th fastest growing hospital in the US by Modern Healthcare
· All private rooms
· Three major trauma rooms with an additional four exam rooms
· State-of-the-art equipment and lighting
· Easy navigation for patients to be evaluated and treated in the ED
· Radiology/laboratory services located next to ED for easy testing access
· 5500+ volume Monthly
· 24/7 RT, Lab, ER and Radiology
· Daytime offerings - Therapy, Wound, Social Services, Counseling, Rehabilitation
· Great place to have a rural quality of life but have access to larger cities (30-minutes to Cedar Rapids and 45-minutes to Iowa City)
Choose Jones County
Jones County, located in the heart of Eastern Iowa along Highway 151, is central to major U.S. markets. Within five hours of Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Madison, and Omaha with easy access to the crossroads of America, Interstates 80 and 35.
Living in Jones County
· Easy highway access to major shopping/entertainment in Cedar Rapids
· Just 45 minutes from Iowa City
· Growing trail system for walking and biking
· Museums including the National Motorcycle Museum and the Anamosa State Penitentiary Museum
· State and local parks for camping and recreation
· Two new aqua parks
· Numerous golf courses
· Home of the Jones County Fair the 3rd largest county fair in the state of Iowa.
Requisition ID: 2021-91391
Street: 1795 Hwy 64 E
Name: 1050 UnityPoint Health Jones Regional Medical Center
Name: Physical Therapy
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.4
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Mondays and Fridays 8:00AM to 4:30PM