UnityPoint Health Clinical Nurse (RN), LPN or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Weekend Package in Anamosa, Iowa
This positon can be hired as either an RN, LPN or CMA. Description listed below is for an RN. Certifications/Licenses are required for each position.
This role will work 50 out of 52 weekends per year and will work 8 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday in the Anamosa Urgent Care.
Description of Position:
· Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information, preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures, commensurate with training and education.
· Responsible for monitoring and maintain work queues, as assigned, for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
· Demonstrate competence in the skills necessary to carry out assigned duties including medication/immunization administration under the order of a provider or RN.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information, preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures, commensurate with training and education
· Provide appropriate, accurate, and timely documentation, regarding health concern and/or condition, in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes; obtained from patient or family members.
· Demonstrate competence in the skills necessary to carry out assigned duties.
· Administer medications by oral, IM, SC or ID routes under the order of a provider or RN.
· Demonstrate the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
· Thoroughly understand testing (lab and procedures) values and relationship to patient status with accountability to take next steps, as appropriate to scope and licensure.
· Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status; conduct follow up calls as necessary.
· Provide information to appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. health department).
· Understand inpatient and outpatient specialty procedures. Responsible for compliance with precertification requirements
· Facilitate and support relationships between providers (e.g. within clinic, referring) and with ancillary services.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office
Development & Education
· Be aware of what is happening in the clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Meet the department work schedule.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
· High school diploma required if work is performed in a complex CLIA lab.
· Current Certified Medical Assistant and AAMA certification.
· Meets educational/competency requirements per policy
· CPR Certification
· Will train qualified applicant
· Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred
Must possess and maintain current:
· License Practical Nurse license in good standing to practice in the state of Iowa.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
· Mandatory Reporter
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
· Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Information about Jones Regional Medical Center - Anamosa, IA
Jones Regional Medical Center has been named 5th fastest growing hospital in the US by Modern Healthcare
· All private rooms
· Three major trauma rooms with an additional four exam rooms
· State-of-the-art equipment and lighting
· Easy navigation for patients to be evaluated and treated in the ED
· Radiology/laboratory services located next to ED for easy testing access
· 5500+ volume Monthly
· 24/7 RT, Lab, ER and Radiology
· Daytime offerings - Therapy, Wound, Social Services, Counseling, Rehabilitation
· Great place to have a rural quality of life but have access to larger cities (30-minutes to Cedar Rapids and 45-minutes to Iowa City)
Choose Jones County
Jones County, located in the heart of Eastern Iowa along Highway 151, is central to major U.S. markets. Within five hours of Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Madison, and Omaha with easy access to the crossroads of America, Interstates 80 and 35.
Living in Jones County
· Easy highway access to major shopping/entertainment in Cedar Rapids
· Just 45 minutes from Iowa City
· Growing trail system for walking and biking
· Museums including the National Motorcycle Museum and the Anamosa State Penitentiary Museum
· State and local parks for camping and recreation
· Two new aqua parks
· Numerous golf courses
· Home of the Jones County Fair the 3rd largest county fair in the state of Iowa.
Requisition ID: 2021-95874
Street: 1795 Hwy 64 E
Name: 1050 UnityPoint Health Jones Regional Medical Center
Name: Jones Regional Urgent Care
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.4
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Weekend Package - Saturday and Sunday 8 Hour Days