Iowa State University Radiographer II - Thielen Student Health Center in Ames, Iowa
Position Title:Radiographer II - Thielen Student Health Center
Required Minimum Quals:• Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in diagnostic procedures. • One year of experience as registered radiologic technologist. • Permit to Practice as required by the State of Iowa for all radiographers operating ionizing radiation emitting equipment.
Preferred Qualifications:Minimum of 1 year experienceExperience serving patients in an outpatient settingExperience working with young adultsExperience working with a diverse patient population
The Thielen Student Health Center is searching for a Radiographer II.
Under general supervision performs diverse technical radiographic assignments exercising skills, judgment, and knowledge of the principles and methods of radiologic technology.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
• Utilizes understanding of anatomical positioning and departmental procedures to make appropriate procedural modifications of technical factors to produce optimal results of diagnostic procedures.
• Capable of performing all functions of Radiographer I.
• Maintains current knowledge of radiologic technology by attending staff meetings, inservice and continuing education programs, and reading appropriate journals/literature, and maintains continuing education credits/hours as required by the State of Iowa.
• Participates in on-call/call-back coverage for assigned area, as needed.
• Assists in clinical instruction of students and Radiographer I’s by observing their work and providing guidance and demonstration.
• Assists Radiographer III and/or Chief Diagnostic Radiologic technologist in monitoring supplies, maintaining quality control, monitoring radiographic equipment to ensure optimal quality results, and preparing radiographic rooms in assigned areas.
• May assist in developing departmental inservice education programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of radiation protection standards, devices, techniques, and radiation biology.
• Ability to operate and care for a variety of diagnostic radiographic equipment.
• Knowledge of darkroom processing equipment and procedures and proper storage of films.
• Ability to correctly position patients for radiographic examinations including knowledge of customary alternative positioning for patients with deformities or injuries.
• Knowledge of medical terminology covering gross structures of the body, major organs, and pathology.
• Knowledge of medical record documentation procedures and policies including computer entering of data.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to communicate with persons from a variety of backgrounds.
• Ability to obtain radiographs in the operating room utilizing knowledge of sterile techniques.
• Ability to obtain radiographs of patients in isolation utilizing isolation techniques.
• Ability to initiate emergency medical procedures such as cardiac pulmonary resuscitation.
• Ability to perform with accuracy and efficiency during periods of pressure and stress.
• Ability to work with precision, utilizing dexterity in making fine, coordinated movements.
• Ability to prepare various contrast media for radiographic examinations and knowledge of appropriate responses to an inappropriate reaction by a patient.
• Knowledge of recent literature and developments in the field.
• Ability to evaluate recorded images for technical quality.
• Ability to use independent judgment to establish technical parameters for producing diagnostic radiographs.
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
Time Type:Part time
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Apply for this position by clicking on “Apply” and completing the Merit Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter details about your education and work history. If you have questions regarding the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Original Posting Date:November 18, 2020
Posting Close Date:December 1, 2020
Job Requisition Number:R3633
Iowa State University is classified as a Carnegie Foundation Doctoral/Research University-Extensive, a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), and ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top public universities in the nation. More than 30,000 students are enrolled and are served by over 6,200 faculty and staff.
Iowa State University is a global and culturally diverse university committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for both learning and employment. We know that diversity in experience and perspective is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and building an inclusive academic community. At Iowa State, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituents. The university has an expectation that all employees will demonstrate a contribution to diversity and inclusion as embodied in Iowa State University’s Principles of Community.
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check and/or a consumer credit check.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email email@example.com.
If you have questions about the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll-Free at 1-877-477-7485. Iowa State University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should email email@example.com or call (515) 294-4800 or Toll-Free: (877) 477-7485. TTY users are welcome to use the Iowa Relay Service number by dialing 7-1-1 or (800) 735-2942.
General ISU compensation information can be found here:https://www.hr.iastate.edu/careers/compensation