Iowa State University Postdoctoral Research Associate-Ames Laboratory in Ames, Iowa
Position Title:Postdoctoral Research Associate-Ames Laboratory
Appointment Type:Post Doc/Trainee
Job Description:Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Division of Materials Science and Engineering at Ames Laboratory, a Department of Energy National Laboratory affiliated with Iowa State University, is searching for a qualified Postdoctoral Research Associate.
The Postdoctoral Research Associate will work in the research group of Professor Aaron Rossini. Their primary responsibility will be to perform solid-state nuclear magnetic resonance experiments on materials such as semiconductor nanoparticles and emerging 2D semiconductors. The Postdoctoral Associate will also develop NMR methods that exploit fast MAS and indirect detection and DNP for the detection of unreceptive and exotic nuclei found in materials. The lab is equipped with a variety of fast magic angle spinning probes equipped on 9.4 T and 14.1 T spectrometers and a 263 GHz/400 MHz Bruker DNP spectrometer. This Postdoctoral Research Associate is a one-year appointment with opportunity for renewal based on funding and performance. The position is available to start immediately.
For more detailed information on research see some recent representative publications or contact Dr. Rossini directly:
1) Venkatesh A., et al., t1-Noise Eliminated Dipolar Heteronuclear Multiple Quantum Coherence Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2020, 22, 20815-20828, DOI: 10.1039/D0CP03511D (https://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2020/CP/D0CP03511D#!divAbstract) .
2) Wang Z., et al., Combining Fast Magic Angle Spinning and Proton Detection with Dynamic Nuclear Polarization, Solid State Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, 2020, 109, 101685, DOI:10.1016/j.ssnmr.2020.101685 (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0926204020300473) .
3) Chen Y., et al., The Surface Termination of CsPbBr3 Perovskite Quantum Dots Determined by Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2020, 142, 6117-6127, DOI:10.1021/jacs.9b13396 (https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/jacs.9b13396) .
4) Dorn R.W., et al., Identifying the Molecular Edge Termination of Exfoliated Hexagonal Boron Nitride Nanosheets with Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy and Plane-Wave DFT Calculations, Chem. Mater., 2020, 32, 3109-3121, DOI:10.1021/acs.chemmater.0c00104 (https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.chemmater.0c00104) .
5) Hanrahan M.P., et al., Probing the Surface Structure of Semiconductor Nanoparticles by DNP SENS with Dielectric Support Materials, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2019, 141, 15532-15546, DOI:10.1021/jacs.9b05509. (https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/jacs.9b05509)
More publications can be found at https://rossini.chem.iastate.edu/publications/
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Ph.D. must be completed prior to start date.
Demonstrated experience in the areas of solid-state NMR spectroscopy, NMR method development, pulse programming, numerical simulation of solid-state NMR experiments and quantum chemical calculations of NMR properties.
Department/Program & College Description:
Proposed Start Date:April 1, 2021
Proposed End Date or Length of Term:March 31, 2022
Number of Months Employed Per Year:12 Month Work Period
Time Type:Full time
Pay Grade:Post Docs
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
3) Contact Information for Three References
The candidate selected for hire may be requested to provide documentation to verify highest degree completed.
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Original Posting Date:February 17, 2021
Posting Close Date:March 21, 2021
Job Requisition Number:R4205
Iowa State University (http://www.iastate.edu/) is classified as a Carnegie Foundation Doctoral/Research University-Extensive, a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), and ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top public universities in the nation. More than 30,000 students are enrolled and are served by over 6,200 faculty and staff.
Iowa State University is a global and culturally diverse university committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for both learning and employment. We know that diversity in experience and perspective is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and building an inclusive academic community. At Iowa State, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituents. The university has an expectation that all employees will demonstrate a contribution to diversity and inclusion as embodied in Iowa State University’s Principles of Community (http://www.diversity.iastate.edu/principles-of-community) .
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check and/or a consumer credit check.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the application process please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll-Free at 1-877-477-7485. Iowa State University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (515) 294-4800 or Toll-Free: (877) 477-7485. TTY users are welcome to use the Iowa Relay Service number by dialing 7-1-1 or (800) 735-2942.
General ISU compensation information can be found here:https://www.hr.iastate.edu/careers/compensation