Renewable Energy Group Intern, Manufacturing Reliability in Ames, Iowa
Our comprehensive,12-week paid internship programgives you the opportunity to test your skills working for the nation’s leading producer of cleaner fuels and developer of renewable chemicals. This internship will begin May 18, 2020 and end August 7, 2020.
The position assists the Reliability Engineer in development of, improvement, and compliance with the Maintenance and Reliability processes and the mechanical integrity program including all equipment in a Process Safety Management covered process. This position will work with the plant and the corporate reliability team to ensure compliance and to share best practices.
Assist with Improvement of Mechanical Integrity
• Manage and improve the mechanical integrity and asset management processes that include all covered equipment in a process safety management process.
• Provide maintenance input to MOC’s, PHA’s PSSR’s, etc.
• Write and improve mechanical integrity procedures
• Train team in mechanical integrity procedures
Improve maintenance work management processes
• Deploy/improve best practices in maintenance work management to support a fully deployed reliability and mechanical integrity program. Work management includes planning, scheduling, coordination and craft feedback loops.
• Lead the use of the CMMS to support the maintenance work management and mechanical integrity processes including all work documentation.
• Review site metrics to track and support the improvement processes.
• Develop solutions for work procedures, equipment reliability, and precision work practices.
• Perform root cause analysis and equipment reliability improvement and reactive work reduction strategies.
• Use Reliability Centered Maintenance principles to develop and improve preventive and predictive maintenance plans.
Perform other duties as assigned
Education Required:Junior or Senior level toward and accredited bachelor’s degree – Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering or related field.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Excellent problem solving skills
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
Project Management Skills
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
Experience with JD Edwards CAM, Vibration Analysis, Infrared analysis, Ultrasound analysis, Oil analysis, CMRP or CRL certifications, API 653, API 510, API 570 and experience with mechanical integrity a plus.
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.